IMPORTANT: The dAblack project is no longer being developed by myself due to lack of time. However, ~GyroxOpex has been taken up development; you can find his current version at dAblack for v7! Thanks for keeping dAblack alive!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Old Description entries:
Current stuff meh, minor update due to some changes in dA's layout >.> i know, i know, there hasnt been much new stuff lately. ZOMFG WORK IS SO BUSY lol whatever, ill try to get around to it more again
and lol, version change from 09-06-09 to 09-09-06
PERSONAL REQUESTS: Yes, I've done two personal requests now (dAblack borderless deviation and dAblack totally borderless), but please understand that i can't make a habit of this!!! I only did these styles because i could do them really fast (i.e. within 5 minutes). You can of course ask me to do something for you, but don't feel disappointed if i turn you down. i will deny any requests that i think are too much work or rwill take too long. However, you are of course free to make your own modifications, that's why this code is released with a license that allows derivative works. Please make sure you tell me about it when you modify the code and redistribute it and that you have to share-alike (i.e. use the same CC license)
Please tell me about suggestions you have. If you look at the style's source code, you will see a list of the page types i have done already, which are yet to do and which i am working on at the moment. If you see anything that seems wrong on pages that are marked done, please tell me, so i can look into it.
In the title you see the version number going something like this: vZZ-YY-XX. The numbers give you the year-month-day of the current version posted here: ZZ = year, YY = month, XX = day. If you don't know which version you currently have, scroll down to the Update Guide and do the first step. The version number of your file is said at the very top of the code. _______________________________________________________________
1. You need Firefox (other browsers are not supported).
2. You need the Stylish extension for Firefox. If you only installed it now, be sure to restart your Firefox and then return to this page.
3. Download the ZIP file from this page ("Download" button left of the preview image), extract the CSS file to some temporary location and open it.
4. You will see the file: Lots of text.
5. On the bottom right of the Firefox window, you have a Stylish icon in the status bar (it is a white S on white background). Single-click it and select "Install File..."
6. A new window will pop up which asks you to enter a name for the style (I assume you enter dAblack here). Then click "Install" on the bottom of the window.
7. You're done! You can now open deviantART and see the new style (if you had it open, the style should immediately apply).
If you don't like the style and want to remove it, click the Stylish icon in the bottom right corner again and click on "Manage Styles...", select the style and click Uninstall. If you want to disable the style, click on the Stylish icon and click on the name of the style. If it is not un-applied immediately, you might have to restart Firefox (this is a rare bug of Stylish). _______________________________________________________________
Upgrade Guide (If you haven't installed Stylish and this style before, go back up to the Installation Guide)
1. Open Firefox (if it isn't already open), click on the Stylish icon in the lower right corner and click on "Manage Styles...". Select dAblack (or whatever you called this style when you installed it) and click Edit, a window containing the installed version of the style pops up. Version number: At the very top of the file, you can see the "Version of this file:". Use this to check if the current version here is newer than the one you have.
2. Download the ZIP file from this page ("Download" button left of the preview image), extract the CSS file to some temporary location and open it.
3. Select all (randomly click into the text once, then press Ctrl+A) and copy it (Ctrl+C). (You can also use the context menus to do these actions. -- if the file opens in Notepad on Windows, the shortcuts might not work)
4. Then change to the window that popped up with your old style (it is titled by the name of the style, usually dAblack), select all there (Ctrl+A) and paste the new code from your clipboard (Ctrl+V). (Again, context menu is possible.)
6. Scroll back up to the top of the file and check the Version of this file again. If it is still the old one, something went wrong (probably between copying and pasting it). Start over at step 3.
7. If the version at the top says the same as the one in the title of this deviation, you have successfully pasted the new style. Click "Save" in the style editor window. The style is instantly applied. You can now check out the new stuff _______________________________________________________________
- Journals with custom CSS can look crappy: I know, but I won't put a lot of work into that. as it says, its custom CSS, so i cannot "support" it in anyway. If you dont like the way it looks with this style, please switch off the style while you read the journal entry. _______________________________________________________________
Thanks and credits:
- Special thanks to Kuros for hosting the CSS file on his server! - most of the icons are the original dA icons. Some did not have transparent backgrounds, so I modified them in a way so they are usable with the dark b/g. Some I changed a little more. - the dA logo I used was made by ~p-h-o-t-o-n for a contest. Deviation: [link] - thanks to ~falexx, i could fix the dot that appeard at the bottom of the message center
- dAblack borderless deviation: If the white border around the deviation disturbs you, you can install this style in addition to the regular dAblack using the same method as described above. It will remove the white border. - dAblack totally borderless: Okay, here goes another customization of the style. If you want, like ~daYavuz, to have no borders at all in your black dA, install this style additionally to the regular dAblack. It will remove all borders. - dAblack IceBlue Daily Pageviews bars: If you find those gray pageviews bars too boring, like *Krodil, you might want to install this additional style, which turns the daily pageviews bars a calm light blue! - Visual installation tutorial: If you can't find the buttons described in the installation guide, maybe this visual guide by ~GyroxOpex
Very nice. From the screenshot this one looks a lot better than the other two black ones on userstyles. Too bad it doesn't work anymore. I am quite disappointed though that there are actually NO other styles for deviant art. They're all for dAmn and other smaller features of DA.
Well its been about
2 weeks since my
last giveaway right
:?:star: To enter
simply Fave :+fav:
:star: - and this is
not required, but I
would like to get my
youtube channel out
there so I would be
honored if you could
take some time to
check it out(also
A few days ago we
had a chat to
issues and solutions
(see the original
thanks to everyone
who came and raised
took 45 minutes for
the volume of talk
to max out Sta.sh
limit and this chat
went for two more
The Price Cap For
Commissions Has Been
30% Off Fine Art
Last Day to Shop
etpurple: The Stock
Don't forget to
feature if you like
it.You can also "+1"
a selection from
r:Have a close
In our continuous
effort to improve
Site Updates to keep
members informed and
to gather feedback.
Below is a list of
recent changes to
the site, bug fixes,
and feedback that
was brought up by
members in the last
NewUpdate to th...
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More